KS4 Warm up Questions
- What crime did Jane Saby commit in 1803? (Stealing turnips)
- How many women were accused of murder? (15)
- How many people were accused of involvement in rioting (search ‘riot’) in 1825? (125)
- How many people were sentenced to death across the time period? (276)
- What is the age of the youngest ‘criminal’ on the database? (9 years old)
- Which year between 1810 and 1820 had most female prisoners in gaol? (1815) (use graph)
- How many female prisoners were transported between 1800 and 1850? (18)
- When was the last child (under 14 years old) transported? (1847)
- How old was Henry Catlin when he first appeared in front of the court? (9 years old)
- When Eliza Simmons was 10 years old she stole some money. What was her sentence? (7 days imprisonment)
- How many people were accused of witchcraft in the 19th century? Why do you think this is?
This resource is also available as a word document - see below.
Additional resources for this page
- Key stage 4: Warm up Questions (252 KB, Microsoft Word Document)