Frequently asked questions
- I have the trial records of a relative of mine and they do not match the date of imprisonment in the record. Why is this?
The date in the prison records is the date that the person was first imprisoned and not the date... [More]
- I have further information on a prisoner - is there a way in which I can submit this to you?
We would be very interested in any further information you have on any of the people in... [More]
- Could you please tell me what Bastardy means?
Bastardy was a former offence. If you had a child, without the means to support it, outside... [More]
- The record just gives a number for the sentence, what does this mean?
Many of the records are incomplete the number would have referred to the number of months or years... [More]
- How can I find out more information about a person in the database?
You will need to contact either the Bedfordshire and Luton Archives, or Cambridgeshire... [More]