e2bn E2BN
Victorian Crime and Punishment
HomePrisoner case studiesPrisoners19th Century JusticeTeachers Area

Frequently asked questions

How can I find out more information about a person in the database?

You will need to contact either the Bedfordshire and Luton Archives, or Cambridgeshire Archives and Local Studies:

Bedfordshire and Luton Archives
Email: archive@bedford.gov.uk
Tel: (01234) 228833
Fax: (01234) 228854 

Cambridgeshire Archives and Local Studies
email: cals@cambridgeshire.gov.uk
Tel: (01223) 699399
Fax: (01223) 718823

They will be able to give you further details. Other useful material can be found in the census records for prisoners living after 1841, or in the records of those admitted to the workhouse.